Friday, August 29, 2008

9,730 Words

I hope to have 40,000 words by OCTOBER 31.

and
i only have 9,730

About the day job -

I am a tour guide in New York City. Sometimes, honestly, I get some fucked up people. One old man was walking around aimlessly. I figured he needed help.

Me, "Do you have a question?"
Him, "Would you believe me if I told you I was mentally unstable?"

So he obviously DID have a question - it just wasn't, you know, "Where's the bathroom?" This is a typical tourist question.

It turns out this man's father is from Sicily, and he had too many kids. As a result, this old man and his siblings didn't have a good education. Oh, and he's Catholic. Oh, and he has a learning disability. OH! And he's 77 years old.

Man, I really need to take off with this writing thing. After college, I'm going to teach English courses overseas. I'll get paid shit and treated like shit and I won't know the language. So basically, it'll be just like living in New York.



No comments: