Sunday, October 5, 2008

Converting...

Today, I got a strange request.

I was trying to answer questions, when a visitor on a bicycle asks me,

"Do you read the Bible?"

I said uhm, not really.

She then replied with,

"You know, you should think of the Kingdom of God like a government. Governments have laws. The government of God does, too, and reading the Bible is one of them."

Then she gave me some pamphlet and told me not to kill myself.

On a brighter note, some deaf people came, and I was able to speak to them a little in sign language. They were really, really happy :-D

The perks...

5 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

You have some of the strangest visitors wherever you work! She actually was concerned you might kill yourself?

Intense Guy said...

What happened to the pamphlet? There is probably a propaganda museum somewhere (heck, you might be a tour guide there next) that might like it for it's collection.

LadyStyx said...

*shakes head*

Jess said...

You know, you shoudlr eally start replying to theese cool people in the way they want to be replied to: "eg, thank goodness! Now I won't have to kill myself etc etc"
I'm sure you can think of some much more amusing responses.
:)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

enjoying your dark humour dear...
yeah, no suicides pleaseee...hee*
Hope to hear fm you, you r hee-heelarious!