Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In Response to "Intense Guy"

While I adore...ADORE...the car you selected for me, I think it should be publicly known that, for the safety of children and adults, I do not drive.

At work, before the tourists come, it's typical for us guides to take golf carts around and check for sticks, glass, etc. But it usually results in fun as we off-road it and chase geese around with the carts.

I have a license, but I hardly ever drive. I think the last time I drove a car was during my road test. However, I do drive the cart.

The first time I drove the golf cart, I may have crashed into a giant stone building. Also known as a church. I may have confused the gas with the break and sped UP while heading towards the giant stone building.

That cart has been messed up ever since. Sometimes the bosses complain about that cart, saying, "How come the four-seater doesn't turn right?!

I still haven't 'fessed up.

Oh well...

PS

WORD COUNT: 26,748!!!

6 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Since the car Iggy got for you is a cab, all you need to do is get a driver, and you too can be Miss Daisy, and never worry about driving again. Just kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

LadyStyx said...

*laffz* Chicago's right...you were given a cab so all that is needed is a cabby to drive it. Well, unless it was provided with the cab and iggy forgot to say so. Maybe it's in the fine print somewhere?

Intense Guy said...

I too have had unmentionable things happen while driving a cart. I rolled one over at a golf course once, and was asked to leave the grounds.

I figured with the cab you'd blend in with the traffic - and when you mention needing a driver, well, perhaps you remember Phoebe Buffay-Hannigan from the TV show Friends?

...since the show is over, she's probably available and she's experienced with this very model of cab... just saying.

:)

Intense Guy said...

P.s., Excellent news with the wrod count. I will want to have my first edition printing of it signed :)

Jess said...

Maybe theres a good reason why your colleague decided to join the chicken killing religion instead?
;P

Intense Guy said...

This song has been going on in my head.. replace 'orphans' with 'chickens'...