Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slowww...

I love your words of encouragement. I started submitting query letters to authors. The writing of the book is actually the easy part...for me, at least. Publishing can take TWICE as long. Thank you. I feel better with every positive word - the publishing world is full of form letters and impersonal rejections, rejections that make me think, "They didn't even read my letter. They don't care who I am."

This is coming from someone who has written several books and has failed to get them in print :-(

So thank you, my faithful, fellow bloggers!

I decided to put a poem up here before putting any of my story, just to see if anyone lies my style.

Cows

She wants to start buying
cows
and storing them in a freezer because
it's cheaper than buying meat at King Kullen.
"Think how much money we'll save,"
she says,
"if we buy whole cows off the Internet "

She gets her measuring tape and marks lines here and there
"If we get those stackable
washer and drier combos...
And take out this counter
then we'll have room for an industrial-sized
freezer
to store whole cows
and in two to three years,
it'll pay for itself "

But she measured wrong,
so now the freezer is in
her step-son's bedroom and the
dead, skinned cows hang by their feet.
He thinks they watch him sleep.

He thinks they watch him sleep.







Loosely based on a true story...

5 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Omg, I was totally picturing all that. He thinks they watch him sleep, that could be a title to a country song!

I think it's a great example of your imagination.

Melissa said...

Nice I like this poem...How creepy is it that the cow are watching him sleep.

Yuck! I have a phobia about dead skinned amimals form the anatomy & phyisology classes(back when I wanted to be a doctor). You'd be amazed how much cadaver skin looks like dead Pigs & Cows.

-Melissa

LadyStyx said...

I forsee a kid going to therapy in the very near future!

That was very well written though...kudos!

Intense Guy said...

I actually love this poem! Yegads.

I forsee more than just one kid going to therapy in the very near future, Ladystyx!

Intense Guy said...

Popping in just to say "Hi yas!"