Sunday, September 7, 2008

Holdin' Stuff.

Security makes sure no alcohol gets through. Knives and shotguns are OK. But no booze.

This angers a lot of people. Enter the couple who brought a bottle of wine for dinner later on. Enter the recent graduate with a keg.

So if I'm in the bookstore, I get asked to hold wine a lot. Expensive wine. This is pretty typical, but I don't like to hold expensive shit because then I might be accountable for it later on. I usually say "no" when someone wants to put something behind the counter.

But right now I'm watching a watermelon for some lady.

She didn't want to bring her watermelon. And I figure hey, it's a watermelon. It's not some rare wine. Fine, I'll take it. And it's sitting there like a deformed baby leaning against a Civil War book.

And it's mocking me.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

That is the one of the funniest things I've heard all day-was there any explanation to this watermelon?