Sunday, September 28, 2008

Retarded Brain

I had to leave work early because I thought I was going to collapse from tiredness.

My first clue was the ten minutes it took me to figure out a hole-puncher. I picked up the thing, stared, and started hitting it with my paper, thinking, "This creates holes in paper somehow..." Then I just kept pushing the lever, and I wasn't sure how to get the paper in there. Something in my brain just...didn't connect.

And then the visitors.

The building most of the visitors had to go to for some artist workshop was right there as soon as the visitors walk in. It's to their right. I got so confused and disoriented that I told the workshop visitors to take the free tram ride over to the southern end to get to the same building.

And it's like, ten feet from where we were all standing.

Then I told the visitors to hurry because the building would be torn down soon.

An hour later, I realized what huge amounts of misinformation I engaged in. So then I asked my boss if I could take the rest of the day off.

Bahhh...

4 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Talk about getting some major brain farts. *shakes head* I hope your day got better.

Intense Guy said...

I hope you got some rest - and I really hope this wasn't a typical kind of day for you! :)

I can see you - much like Snoopy on top of his doghouse trailing smoke, shaking a fist at the Red Baron:

"Curses! Foiled by the three-hole punch!!!"

Anonymous said...

so rude to call it a retarded brain. as the mom of a special needs kid I find it so demeaning for you to call your brain "retarded." You are so lucky to have it all together. So, you were having an off day. Today you probably don't even remember how off it was. But for people who have special needs, it's that way all the time, and they have to deal with it. No need to disrespect people who are doing the best they can.

Jess said...

Such a funny post! (In the hilarious manner as opposed to odd).
But things could have been worse. You might have done the same with the stapler.
Now I'm laughing again!
x